In a majority of organizations (unfortunately) the track record for delivering IT projects on time, within budget, AND fulfilling the expectations of the project sponsor, is notoriously low. See the Footnote below.
One of the central figures (and a key element for success) is the Project Manager. But not all Project Managers are created equal, and no Project Manager can be successful without both a comprehensive and effective Toolkit and a well-defined and well-structured environment to both work in and be supported by.
Much can be done to mitigate the risk of your next project becoming yet another of the notorious statistics.
HOW WE CAN HELP
We can assist in the following areas (select from the menu at the top left for more details):
- Contract Project Management Services
- Assessment of Organization's Overall Project Management Capability
- Assessment and Recruiting of individual Project Managers
- Project Managers' Toolkit Services: Assessment, Enhancement, Customization, Development
- Project Management Office Services: Assessment, Enhancement, Customization, Development
- Mentoring of Project Managers
- Project Reviews and Audits
- For troubled projects, we offer root cause analysis and turnaround management services (also known as "project rescue")
In one survey conducted in 2007 it was found that only 63% of projects could be deemed successful, with this number dropping to 43% for projects undertaken using offshore resources.
In another major survey, done in 2001, 40% of projects failed to achieve their business case within one year of implementation, implementation costs exceeded their budget by 25%, and first year support costs were underestimated, on average, by 20%. In this same survey, 61% of the projects were deemed to have failed overall.
A third survey found that 31% of projects were canceled before they were ever completed and only 16% of projects were completed on time and within budget.